When it comes to moving rocks from place to place, you need a good quality rock grab that won’t let you down. Selecting the right one is important as you’re staking the reputation of your business on it. Here are a few things to bear in mind when making the decision.
- Keep your application in mindIt may seem obvious, but your first priority is to determine the size and weight of the rocks or other items you’ll need to move, and the lifting capacity of the machine you’ll be using. Once you have this information, you’ll be able to find the right rock grab for your application.
- Finger construction is criticalFor maximum performance, you need a rock grab that’s designed with wear protection on the grab finger edges. This keeps wear to a minimum.
- Quality designSuperior design is critical for efficient load management. To maximise efficiency in loading and unloading of material, keep an eye out for well-designed, geometrically balanced rock grabs that are specially designed for superior performance with your particular excavator, in your particular application.
- Heavy duty robust construction Ensure that only high quality steel is used in the construction of the rock grab as this will ensure a longer useful life.
- Well-designed static grabsA well-designed static grab is much cheaper than a hydraulic grab and requires less maintenance.